MTNA National Competitions Cancellation Policy
The MTNA Division and/or National Competitions may be cancelled by MTNA due to causes beyond the reasonable control of MTNA that would render the competition impossible or make conditions for the competition hazardous. Such causes shall include, but not be limited to: acts of God, weather, acts of war, riot, fire, accident, flood, terrorist act, transportation failure or delay, governmental or court ordered laws, strikes, technical failures or other causes beyond the reasonable control of MTNA. In the event of a cancellation:
- All affected competition entrants will be notified immediately via e-mail of the cancellation.
- The cancelled competition will not be rescheduled. Instead, the competition will become an online video event. The procedures, deadlines and other information for participating in the online competition will be provided in the cancellation e-mail.
- Entrants who desire to continue in the online competition will have the opportunity to submit a video (WMV, MOV or MPEG) of their entire program for adjudication. This video must be uploaded to the designated site within 72 hours of the notice of cancellation. The time-stamp on the notification e-mail will serve as the basis for the 72-hour determination.
- The video competition performances will be adjudicated immediately following the 72-hour submission period. The results of the adjudication will be communicated via e-mail to all entrants within a week of the cancellation.
- While cancellation is highly unlikely, entrants are strongly encouraged to prepare beforehand to submit this video to meet the 72-hour submission deadline.
- No refunds of entry, teacher and/or accompanist fees will be given for any reason, including non-participation in the online competition.