Sunday, March 14
(Subject to Change)
Poster Sessions will be accessible throughout the Virtual Conference.
Expanding the Role of Artists and Importance of the Arts in Healthcare Environments
11:00 a.m.–12:00 noon
Defining, Encouraging Diversity: A Survey of High-Profile Community-Oriented Music Education Programs in the U.S., Germany and Korea
Diversify Your Teaching Repertoire: Piano Music by Women Composers from the Baroque to Today (Early-Intermediate–Advanced)
Let the Website Speak: Crafting a More Effective Studio Website
MTNA Distinguished Composer of the Year Recital
Purposeful Listening: Key to Lasting Musicianship
- Chan Kiat Lim, NCTM; Siok Lian Tan, NCTM
The RMM Band Wagon—Should You Be On It?
The Sandwich Generation: Chronicling the Experiences of College Student-Teachers During COVID Times
- Florida State University Collegiate Chapter
12:00 noon–12:45 p.m.
12:00 noon–12:45 p.m.
From the Pen to the Premiere
- Glenda Austin; and Gayle Kowalchyk and E. L. Lancaster, NCTM
Looking Ahead to a Creative Retirement—No Matter Your Age!
- Beth Gigante Klingenstein, NCTM
Muscle Memory: Friend or Foe?
Music Therapy Adaptation in Piano Pedagogical Setting
- Georgia College & State University Collegiate Chapter
Piano Works by Latin American Women Composers: A Lecture Recital
The Political Implication in Selected Chinese Folksong Transcriptions for Violin and Piano
- Yang Liu; I-Hsuan OliviaTsai, NCTM
String Speak: String Tech for Pianists
- Anna Cromwell; Miranora Frisch
Technique Without Tears
An Introduction to Chinese Piano Music: Creating Dialogue About Diversity
- Washington State University Collegiate Chapter
The Beauty and the Beast of Online Teaching: Embracing Change Through Diversity
- Diana Dumlavwalla, NCTM; Ka Man Melody Ng, NCTM
Composing Outside the Box
Confusions and Solutions: An Evolving Pianistic and Musical Journey
The Magic of Imagery
Mindful Movement: Applying Yogic Principles to Preschool, Adolescent and Senior Music Lessons
Overcoming the Sticky Floor: Re-writing the Myths of Women Composers to Reveal the Scope and Genius of Their Magic
- Lynn Worcester Jones, NCTM; Penny Lazarus, NTCM; Sally J. Ritchie; Sue Ruby
Practicing in the Time of Covid-19: Creative Tips for Thriving in Unusual Conditions
Winners Concert: National Winners
Of The MTNA Chamber Music, Junior
Performance, Elementary And Junior
- McCain Duo
- Nyaho/Garcia Duo