MarySue Harris Studio Teacher Fellowship Guidelines
This $3,000 grant, funded by the MarySue Harris Endowment Fund, is presented annually to a recently graduated independent teacher who demonstrates commitment to the music teaching profession and outstanding studio development.
As the preeminent organization for music teachers, MTNA offers programs and services to enhance the life and livelihood of independent music teachers and to support them in their careers.
- One recipient will be selected.
- A $3,000 cash award, presented at the MTNA National Conference generally held in March of each year.
- Should not have an established studio/been a teaching professional for more than three years. Meaning, any employment for which you are paid and are unsupervised as part of your curriculum or teaching practicum.
- Open to teachers of all instruments and voice.
|3 p.m. Eastern Time, November 1, 2019
||Deadline for Applications
|March 25, 2020
||Recipient Recognized at MTNA Awards Brunch
All information below should be in one document (Word or PDF).
- Include a page containing current contact information.
- A complete resume, including length of time studio has been established (if currently teaching)
- Explain the importance of the award for the applicant’s future
- A detailed plan for use of funds
- Small business plan (current or proposed)
- Studio policies and procedures (current or proposed)
- Teaching philosophy
Failure to follow directions or meet eligibility requirements may disqualify the applicant.
Proceed to Application »
Deadline: 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time, November 1, 2019