THE MTNA–STECHER AND HOROWITZ TWO PIANO COMPETITION
The duo pianists, Melvin Stecher and Norman Horowitz, have devoted their lives to performing music for two pianos throughout the world. For decades, they have made it their mission to sustain and advance the importance of artistic collaboration in a profession that has traditionally been the domain of the soloist. For almost five decades they afforded audiences the world over an unforgettable musical experience. Now, the duo is taking their support of two piano performance to a new level through the establishment of the MTNA–Stecher and Horowitz Two Piano Competition.
The MTNA–Stecher and Horowitz Two Piano Competition consists of two video rounds. All entrants will compete without regard to the state or division in which they live or take lessons.
Click here to access the application.
- September 4, 2020: Online Application available on Acceptd
- January 4, 2021: Application and video submission deadline at 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time (no late applications accepted)
- January 20, 2021: Notification of selection or non-selection as finalists (5 duos will be selected to perform at the Finals)
- March 2021: Winners Announced
Please read all Application Rules for the competition. It is VERY important that you review this document before submitting an application. This document includes:
Eligibility for the competition
- Online application procedures
- Repertoire requirements
- Video files for competition
- Competition procedures
- Prizes and awards
- Finalists information
- General rules
Please direct all questions to MTNA.