MTNA Teaching Specialist Application
The Teacher Specialist Projects Application is a two-step process:
Step I: The candidate completes a Specialist Application and submits the application and fees to MTNA, 1 W. 4th St., Ste. 1550, Cincinnati, OH 45202.
Step II: The candidate completes the four Specialist Projects.
- Candidates will have one year from the time the application and fees are received to complete the Specialist Projects.
- All Projects and Videos must be uploaded online.
- Applicants will receive written notification from MTNA when the specialist process is successfully completed.
- If some part of the Specialist Project is evaluated as insufficient, the Specialist designation will be deferred until that Project is evaluated as sufficient.
- Not following directions may result in an automatic deferral.
Application Time Limit Policy
The MTNA Teaching Specialist process must be completed within one-year from the date the application and fees are received at MTNA Headquarters. If the process is not completed within one year, the applicant may request, in writing, a single one-year time extension, after which an application extension fee will be assessed.