Proposals must be submitted online and received no later than 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time, April 18, 2023. The deadline will be strictly enforced. MTNA is not responsible for problems with internet service or phones.
- Conference sessions are generally 60 minutes in length inclusive of introductory and closing remarks, and Q & A. Additional consideration will be given for 20-minute sessions for an Accelerated Learning Track.
- Proposals from the following categories will be considered: Diversity/Equity/Inclusion, Technology, Group Teaching (includes RMM and early childhood), Collaborative/Chamber Music, Pedagogy/Literature/Technique, Sessions for All Musicians (includes business sessions), and General.
- Membership in MTNA is not a requirement to submit a proposal or present a session.
- All selected presenters are required to register for the conference. Presenters do receive a discounted registration rate.
- Proposals should not be commercial in nature.
- Proposal title and equipment needs should not be part of the 250-word proposal or 35-word description.
- Please be aware that extensive formatting in the description or session title can cause submission errors.
- Be case sensitive—type in all caps, including names, titles, etc. is not necessary.
- Presenter photos* should not be part of the resume. Photos will be uploaded separately.
- Resumes/biographical or curriculum vitae should include presentation experience if possible. Resumes should not exceed 1 page per presenter.* Only Word and PDF documents will be accepted.
- An e-mail confirmation will be sent upon submission of a proposal. If confirmation is not received, contact Tonya Schauer at (888) 512-5278, ext 245 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please have the following information ready before submitting a proposal:
- Contact mailing address and e-mail
- 250-word proposal (full description of the proposal)
- 35-word session description (description that will appear in the program book)
- One-page resume for each presenter (Biographical or Curriculum Vitae are acceptable)
- 35-word bio for each presenter
- Color photograph of each presenter
* The resume(s) and photo(s) will be uploaded as individual files and each file title should contain the name of the presenter for example: JohnSmithResume.docx or JohnSmithPhoto.jpg (or other image files).
If you have any questions about the conference proposal process, contact Tonya Schauer at (888) 512-5278, ext 245 or email@example.com.
Proceed to Submit Proposal