Recreational Music Making
Expanding The Future Of Music Making
Richard Rejino, chair
Expanding the future of music making with RMM opens up the world of music to potentially millions of new piano students. This year’s sessions feature practical applications and fun creative tips to help make your teaching more effective and fulfilling. You’ll observe a masterful group teaching demonstration; you’ll learn more about adult learning and teaching; you’ll hear about how to engage students individually in a group setting; about ideas to enrich and supplement group lessons; you’ll have fun during the rapid-fire Best Ideas session and more. Discover the rewards of embarking on a musical journey with people who have always wanted to play the piano.
(Subject to Change)
Coffee And Conversations
- Rebecca Bellelo, NCTM, Piano Pathways LLC, Baton Rouge, Louisiana; Emily Book McGree, Parlando School of Musical Arts, Boulder, Colorado; Nan Baker Richerson, NCTM, Salisbury University, Salisbury, Maryland
Brian And Bernardo: Improv And Creativity
- Brian Chung, Kawai America Corporation, Rancho Dominguez, California; Bernardo Scarambone, Eastern Kentucky University, Richmond, Kentucky
Courtney And Elle: Group Dynamics And Teaching Strategies
- Courtney Crappell, NCTM, University of Houston, Houston, Texas; Elle Tyler, Parlando School of Musical Arts, Boulder, Colorado
11:30 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
Lunch On Your Own
Best Ideas: Marketing, Classroom Management, Brain Breaks And Games
- Sonya Clark, Parlando School for the Arts, Boulder, Colorado; Amy Immerman, NCTM; Cincinnati Music Academy, Cincinnati, Ohio; Vickie Johnson, Jones County Junior College, Ellisville, Mississippi; Elizabeth Leger, Parlando School for the Arts, Boulder, Colorado; Sarah Rushing, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University; Elle Tyler, Parlando School for the Arts, Boulder, Colorado; Moderator: Martha Hilley, NCTM, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas
Dennis And Mandi: Teaching Demos And Learning Theories
- Dennis Alexander, Alfred Music Publishing, Van Nuys, California; Amanda Schlegel, University of South Carolina School of Music, Columbia, South Carolina
Heather And Joy: The Beginnings Of Group Teaching, And Activities To Keep Students Engaged
- Joy Morin, ColorInMyPiano.com, Bowling Green, Ohio; Heather Smith, NCTM, Heather Smith Piano Studio, Centerville, Utah
Let’s Play Games!
- Rebecca Bellelo, NCTM, Piano Pathways LLC, Baton Rouge, Louisiana; Emily Book McGree, Parlando School of Musical Arts, Boulder, Colorado; Richard Rejino, National Pi-ano Foundation, Dallas, Texas; Nan Baker Richerson, NCTM, Salisbury University, Salisbury, Maryland