Attendee Pre-Webinar Checklist
We've tested this system extensively and it works very well. However, things can (and probably will) happen, right? If the little tech gremlins decide to get feisty, please hang in there with us. We WILL get it resolved. Please understand that because we're trying our best to get rid of those gremlins, we may not be able to let you know what's going on.
IMPORTANT: Please follow these guidelines to have the best webinar experience:
- Keep Your Webinar Link Handy — Use the link provided in the confirmation email you receive from us.
- Refresh or Re-Join — If you can't see or hear us, or you get bounced from the webinar for any reason, you will want to refresh your screen by clicking the blue refresh button in the dark bar at the bottom of the screen, as displayed below...
- While most any browser works, we recommend Google Chrome as your Internet browser.
- Your Internet Connection — This technology works on almost any device that is connected via a high speed Internet connection (including smart phones & tablets) but is best viewed and listened to on a device with an ethernet connection (not a wireless connection.)
- If you attend the webinar on a wireless connection, you may experience some buffering and pixelation issues or see fuzzy or blurry video, especially in the first few minutes or if you have other apps running at the same time.
- Streaming video is very demanding on your Internet connection. Try to encourage others on the same connection to refrain from downloading large files or streaming video (this includes Netflix or Xbox live) during the duration of the webinar. This will greatly improve your picture and audio quality.
- Close Other Programs — Close down all software, apps and browser tabs on your device, except what you are using to view the webinar—this will ensure you don't have any hardware or software conflicts that could bounce you off the webinar and frees up as many of your machine/device’s resources as possible for the best viewing experience. Some programs that can impact the quality of your picture are things that sync in the background, like Dropbox, Google Drive or Evernote. For best results turn them off until the webinar is over.
- Attendee Control Panel — During the webinar, you have a control panel, which allows you to chat, refresh the webinar if there is an issue and mute the chat.
(Thank you to Webinar Jam for providing these helpful hints.)